What bank or credit union do you belong to? do you love it or hate it?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• USAA and Navy Federal, both military banks, I love them both!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I have Ally. You have probably seen ads for it, because they are really new and trying to gain a following. New companies are great because they work REALLY hard to keep your business, and they rely even more on your recommendation of them to others, so they go the extra mile in customer service, etc. They have the best rates around, and the customer service reps are the most helpful people I've spoken to in a long time.

I really like that you can use any ATM with no fees, also. The only thing I don't like is that you can only mail in your deposits, so you can't deposit cash. Also, once they had a hiccup in their system, and our cards got declined that day. But again, new company, hiccups are to be expected. Overall, I love it and won't be switching.
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 10:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Keybank. I love them in that you can use their ATM at any Key location and you won't get charged extra. The staff is very friendly. The overdraft fees are very expensive ($38/ bounced check) and the checks themselves are pretty pricey, but other than that, they're great. Even the paperwork to get my house was worth it. I like how you can do direct deposits, but hate how it's always pending a couple of days on the account.
    leomommy1325

Answer by leomommy1325 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• wells fargo, love it :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Navy Federal. I've been using them for 17 years with no problem.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Usaa. Love them!
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 1:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• BofA (meh) and American Eagle Federal Credit Union. I’m a former Keybank employee and a former USAA member.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Wachovia (now Wells Fargo), the State Employees Credit Union (in NC), and Merrill Lynch

Answer by missanc at 2:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I'm with Centrue Bank I never had a problem out of them before
    MsPhyllis1985

Answer by MsPhyllis1985 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2011