For those who buy back to school clothes for their kids

What and how much do you buy? Like how many outfits, or pants, shirts, dresses, etc do you get each child?

minimo77

Asked by minimo77 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• 5 of each that mix and match for pants and shirts, 3 dresses, 2 pair of shoes (one dress and one non) and one coat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Typically, I don't buy specific outfits. My son is 9 now, so he does really well with separates. We will buy a bunch of shorts in the winter on sale to last through the summer and beginning of the school year. Like 7-8 pairs. Then in July or August we will buy another 6 or so pairs of jeans and probably 9-10 shirts. Typically half tshirts and half long sleeve. Two pairs of shoes. Usually that will last us through the year. I buy another pair of shoes around January, then he gets new sandals in May.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I'd have to go along the lines of that Mom1Stepmom1 just said. That sounds about right for us too ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• this is my first time having a child in school but so far she has 3 pairs of shorts, some capris and 2 pairs of pants, 6 shirts and 3 pairs of shoes lol (for now)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My kids will wear what they wore during the summer when they go back to school. Sometimes it's better to waitto see what everyone else is wearing and then buy stuff that fits in.  The exception is DD.  The clothes she has for summer doesn't necessarily meet the school dress code.  They don't allow short shorts or tank tops at school.  DSs don't have those.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Whatever I can do. Last year we picked up a few things here and there toward the end of the summer, and my mom took us to the outlets one day, and graciously bought DD about 10 pieces of clothing, and sneakers.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Well, this will be my 6 year old's second year of school. For first grade, I'm not sure how many shirts she will be getting, but since her dress pants still fit and so do all the dress shorts, skirts and jumpers, she will be getting 1 more jumper which is the school's official jumper and one more skirt. She goes to a Catholic school and there;s a dress code. Her dress shoes still fit, but she will be getting a new pair of sneakers for gym days.
    leomommy1325

Answer by leomommy1325 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2011