Any of you find Facebook to be depressing?

It seems like I get down every time I log on. Anyone else?

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Entertainment

• I read an article about this one time! It said Facebook can get you down because you see everyone else's "happy" families, and all the awesome fun things in their lives and you think everyone else is happier than you. In reality they just don't post it whenever they get their feelings hurt or when they are furious, ect. You're not alone. Just remember it's all a front. People only put out there what they want others to know or think of them. Nothing more! lol
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Ask youself: If their lives are so wonderful, why are they pathetically posting about every little thing??? P.S. The BLOCK button is your friend.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Nope. I think the operative word you are using is "BRAG". Don't let the cyber world get to you. Half the people who brag on there are probably as miserable as you are and brag to get positive reinforcement.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Cookie is right, most people aren't going to post about the crappy stuff. I have a friend who posts all day about her work outs. Some of us giggle at her, because she is not at all in good shape. She is still over weight, she's been talking about her workouts for over a year....you'd think she'd lose SOME weight by now. Anyway, we obviously realize she is fibbing just a little. She obviously does not work 2 hours a day...lol...

I hide some people, because their posts always annoy me....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• ~*Nope*~... because I refuse to associate with drama or certain kinds of people!

Have you tried "groups" to be around likeminded people? Uplifting groups? Hobbies or whatever it is you enjoy? Why I prefer Multiply for a more uplifting environment
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• hate it. i dont have time to blog about what i am doing every second of the day. gotta live u know?! this is my lil getaway when i have a few minutes.
    SOPHIASMOM

Answer by SOPHIASMOM at 2:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I don't really find it depressing I just don't like it. I guess I don't really care what others are doing and thinking all the time. If it makes you sad don't log on anymore or take a break for awhile. There are plenty of other things you can do on the internet and off. I hope you feel better.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• It is definitely full of drama.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• No....

Full of drama? Yes
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Nope. Why would it be? It's always so nice to see what people are doing and what's going on in my hometown.

I don't even find it full of drama. I'm only "friends" with people I know in real life and most of them are adults.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2011