Should I take my dd to the ER or wait? Might have strained arm.

Ok yesterday she was getting off the trampoline (has net), but when she got off she slipped and fell on her arm. She was screaming maybe 3 minutes then it was just a cry. I gave her iburophen and put ice on it at 7 last night. I woke up to go to the bathroom at 430 this morning and she was in bed crying cause it was hurting so I gave her more meds and put more ice on it. She can kinda move it so dh said it isn't broke, but it is very swollen. The neighbor said it is probably sprained, but I don't know if I should take her or if I should wait and see. If I take her what will they do if it is just a sprain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Uh..she's crying that it hurts!!! Take her to the doctor! Poor little thing...
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Still crying and complaining, yes take her in. Just because she can move it doesn't mean it's not broken. If you want, make a call to the pediatrician or even go to an urgent care.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would take her better safe than sorry
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 11:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Go to the ER.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Call your pedi, don't go to the ER. It may have a fracture. I would call today, you don't want it to set wrong if it is broken.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• well she isn't still crying that was yesterday and this morning, but once I gave her the iburphen she stops crying. Well I hate to go to her dr cause they will probably want xrays then I am paying for the dr and the hospital
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would call pediatrician for sure but probably not rush to ER, but they will probably just send you over for x-rays anyways but maybe not if they can tell its not broken by examining her. Hope people dont bash on you for this cuz not everyone has insurance or can afford this kinda stuff and can tell you worried about her but I dont blame you for not goin to ER but you def need to get her seen about it asap. Hope she is OK!!
    littleguys_rule

Answer by littleguys_rule at 11:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would have already taken her!!! Go woman...GO!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Take her in...even if it is just a sprain they can at least give her a brace to help keep it from being bumped and keep it still to help it heal.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 11:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I know times are rough, but if something is wrong with her arm she needs it taken care of!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2011