How many times have people got nasty or hateful over your question/answer??

I have asked a few questions and also gave a few answers/opinions myself and I am grateful to those that try and give real advice to mom's in need of it, but as I read alot of the answers and questions amoung others I notice alot of people being very rude and hateful towards each other. I'm sure it just comes with the terrritory of people standing strong to their beliefs and opinions but I dont think all the negativity is really necessary. So my question is, has this happened to you or do you do it to others even sometimes?

Didn't really know what catagory to put this in lol....

littleguys_rule

Asked by littleguys_rule at 11:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Depends what the question is, normally it's the same person but sometimes if i don't include every single fact people will attack.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I close questions down when they turn mean and hateful.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• It hasn't happened to me often, but I do see those negative responses. Some people are just mean, or don't really think out their answer before posting......I try to ignore them.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Usually it happens in the religious and Beliefs section... they have a group that is so bent on bashing Christians in there that they chase people off CM all together... and CM does nothing to stop or control its members (even when they try and make other religions hate them and stir up drama with lies)

I dealt with it first hand about 4-5 months ago by now, where they'd follow/stalk me in other sections just to harass me (they are mean, spiteful, and act like a pack of dogs)... I usually send a PM to members that post to watch out because no matter how much they report, CM does nothing, and I’ve had people send me a message stating they agree because I don’t back down to them behaving like an overgrown bully
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Wow MommaClark3 that is crazy!!
    littleguys_rule

Comment by littleguys_rule (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• You just have to let some of the Rude comments roll right off your back- most of time the Rude ones are b/c someone just feels like starting some Drama.. i think most Moms really go out of their way to Help & Support each other:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:48 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I agree daisyb, there are some great mom's out there with this site thats why I love it so much :)
    littleguys_rule

Comment by littleguys_rule (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I notice alot of people being very rude and hateful towards each other

This site has existed for years. People who post here have been talking to each other, one on one, for years. You can't walk into the middle of an ongoing conversation between two people and expect it to start from square one just because you're new. People being "rude and hateful" towards each other are most likely doing so because they have a 2+ year history of not getting along...or because they are friends and kidding with each other. Either way, you don't know, unless you know them and ask first. If someone makes a habit, day after day, of attacking and stereotyping entire groups of people, eventually everyone (anyone matching the description and anyone intelligent enough to see what they're doing) will stand up to them. That's going to look like someone being ganged up on if you weren't there for the 3 weeks of their instigating.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yes I have read some very rude comments but,I love this site and the moms on it who give really good advice without making u look stupid r great!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• NP you have to realize newbies do not know what you say about you all talking. You guys won't even give a new person a chance. You start spewing that they must be some other person under a new id. You guys have run quite a few people off. Alas you will deny.
    Anonymous