Omg this is so funny, need opinions

I was in the pharmacy tech program at the local college, i was kicked out my last quarter cause i wasnt allowed to do clinicals because of my religion-pagan, tattoos, and piercings. The instructor had called pharmacies ahead of time to tell them i had tats piercings and my religion so they didnt want me there, which ended in me gettin dismissed from the program cause i couldnt get in my clinical hours. I had raised hell with the dean saying it wasnt fair that i was treated that way, I was a straight A student through the first 3 quarters.

Well today I received my diploma from the pharmacy program in the mail, do you think its the college's way of covering their ass from a law suit, or someone in the office screwed up?
by the way it is signed by the dean

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• sounds like the collage is covering for the instructor and covering their own ass at the same time......my advice get a great job be successful in life and you and think horrible thoughts about the instructor

cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• They covered their ass. Did you not get your clinicals then?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• That is so wrong. I know plenty of ppl that work in a pharmacy w/ tats and piercings. And no they are not covered (piercings). The tats are of course depending on where they are located. You should take this up w/ someone higher than the dean. You invested alot of time into school. It's just not right. THAT IS DISCRIMINATION......WHICH IS ILLEGAL!!tsk tsk

LittlesMom549

Answer by LittlesMom549 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Certified with no clinicals? Hmm
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• A big CYA by the college I would think!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• nope the instructor had taken me out of the program the second day of the quarter. The first site i was suppose to go to was owned by a someone i had work with before, not at the pharmacy but when i was lead med aide at a nursing home. the owner came into the nursing home once a week to give the lead aides and RN's a dun down of new meds, with it being hospice on one wing meds were changed all the time. I had also been a customer there for the last 12 years. when i went in the end of 3 rd quarter to that pharmacy i did all the paperwork and he gave me my schedule. the instructor pulled me from that pharmacy the night before i was to start clinicals there and blamed it on the owner. when i had talked to the owner he said that he didnt pull me out that it was in fact my instructor. and there on out i couldnt get a site
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Did you just get a diploma then? Not your license? You need clinical to get your license right? Or state certification?

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Your religion should have nothing to do w/college and/or working. That is discriminating. I could understand a pharmacy wanting you not to wear your piercings to work (but most jobs only let you work with 1 piercing in each ear) and as long as you could cover most of your tattoos I don't see the issue at all.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I went ahead and got certified in may, so i have a national certification, state license, and now diploma.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• the tats cant be seen if i wear a tshirt, 2 on my back and one on my chest, If i wear tang tops they can be seen, but i wouldnt be wearing that to work and i have lip piercings, and when i wouldnt wear those to work, I dont think its professional to wear piercings to work.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2011