When is a good time to start buying baby stuff?

I am 29 weeks and have some baby stuff , but dont have a bed or anything for the baby yet. When is a good time to buy baby things? I have some baby clothes from nb-12 months that someone gave me , but there is'nt that many. I have a stroller with a car seat , some receiving blankets , few bottles , pacis,few outfits & baby book in layaway. still need alot more! where could I find good deals on baby clothes and other items?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• when I learned I was pregnant I started w/ diapers each week at the store... as I got further I waited til after the baby showers, then bought what I hadn't gotten.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 11:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Are you having a shower? It's time to look for a crib. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My m.i.l. is supposed to be having me a shower but I'm not sure when she hasnt gave us a date yet and shes always going on a vacation so I'm not sure if she still wants to do it? I only have 11 weeks left!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I always was excited to shop for the baby I would ad cute outfits look on the clearance ranks where you like too shop.
    Yardsales and see if you have a Bookoo.com in your area. I am at Ft.Riley and do rileyyardsales.com buying diapers lil by lil is a great idea also. Good luck and enjoy that baby.
    jewelz2u

Answer by jewelz2u at 12:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would start with the big stuff now...like a crib. That is not usually something you get at a shower. Hold off on the little things because you might not even need some of that stuff. Some people swear by bottle and wipes warmers....but we never used either. It is easy enough to warm up a bottle in a small kettle on the stove.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would go ahead and get a bassinet so that way you have a bed for the baby that wont hurt your wallet too much. For the most part you then have about six months to buy a crib :). Also for baby clothes try your craigslist. There are normal tons of people selling newborn clothes that look brand new, and then others that are trying to get rid of small clothes since babies grow really fast. Generally you can find a big bags worth of clothes for under $50.
    bc19

Answer by bc19 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• 29 weeks??? BUY NOW!

I would especially be buying the big stuff like a bed and carseat NOW. You usually get smaller stuff at the shower so you can usually safely buy the large items.

I am 18.5 weeks and I am buying NOW. The crib, changing table and mattress are being ordered next week.

Depending on the store you choose to purchase from it may take SEVERAL weeks to come in. You are term at 37 weeks and if you go early you could have less than 8 weeks left!! It takes some companies 4 weels or more to send you the funiture, especially if you order custom pieces.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• There are only a few things that I get before the baby. The rest, I don't buy until after the baby is here. A crib, stroller, car seat, wipes, lanolin, nursing pads, and diapers--both cloth and disposable. I always have a few packages of cloth diapers. I never know when we will be short on money and not have enough diapers. When the baby is potty trained, the cloth diapers make great towels.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• storkPampers, definitely! Also, wipes, socks, onesies, bottles, receiving blankets, little bath robes, slippers, etc... I can go on and on. Those are all the things I bought plus a couple of little outfits for a boy (luckily I had one...lol!) Once I confirmed the gender, I really went all out. I didn't wait for my shower. You can never have enough. Just don't go buying everything for when baby is first born Buy things that are 6-9mths. and 12mths. also! You will not regret!

LittlesMom549

Answer by LittlesMom549 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I had to buy very little for either of mine, I got so much at my showers. I was never one to buy diapers early, but a lot of people like to. One thing you will never have too many of is sleepers! You may go through a few a day. But buy all different sizes. My dd was too big for newborn and ds needed newborn, so they are all different. Babies R Us was great for everything, especially the clearance racks. I would try to get a crib and have the room ready in the next couple of weeks. Good luck to you! This is such an exciting time!!! :))
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 12:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2011