HELP!!! Diaper rash!

My son is 11 days old and has some serious diaper rash. I don't know how it's gotten so bad, all I can figure is he's pooping at least every hour and sometimes we don't know and he sits in it. So we've started checking him every hour at least. Desitin and buttpaste haven't cleared it up and it's been bad for about a day and a half. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

K_Coleman

Asked by K_Coleman at 10:31 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try Olive Oil, and then put the desitin or buttpaste on top of the olive oil. Sounds crazy but it works so good! The rash should be almost clear if not cleared by the end of the day!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Wow, thanks! I'm willing to try anything! The quick response was great!
    K_Coleman

Answer by K_Coleman at 10:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• No problem! I know what that's like! This idea was given to my by my pediatrician and it's amazing! Just put a little with a q-tip or cotton ball of olive oil, then put the diaper cream on top...........you'll be amazed! I promise! Let me know how it works!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• i use bagbalm. its stuff like farmers use on their cows utters and stuff.. it works AMAZING. it comes in like a cube shapped container and its green. i forget where i got it though... im sure you can get it from walmart or like a cvs or rite aid or something but really its amazing!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• are you breast feeding? If so put a little bit of bm on it. Even if you have a little bit in there and you arent you could do it.
    kristinlimon

Answer by kristinlimon at 10:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100951&id=prod10744
    you can bu y it at walgreens... but thats what it looks like
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• If it does not go away get him checked for a yeast infection. The rash is similar and won't go away with just diaper rash cream.
    jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Sometimes it helps prevent future rashes if you let baby's bottom air out for a little while between diaper changes (be careful though be cause he will probably pee!). Also if instead of using wipes you use damp washcloth or paper towel. Sometime the soap in the wipes can irritate baby's skin. I have a friend who pre-moistens paper towels and just keeps them in her wipey warmer.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:35 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Hi

Even my baby had similar problem. Like kristinlimon said, breastmilk is great. It did wonders for me. My pediatrician also suggested triplepaste which you get at any pharmacy. That's very good. Keep applying it at every diaper change & it'll vanish soon. Also leave the baby diaper free for sometime. You can keep a crib pad or a mattress pad underneath to prevent accidents.

Good luck!!!
    jaune

Answer by jaune at 12:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Best thing for diaper rash is fresh air and some sun light...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2008