Me and my husband have been married for 4 years and we have 2 kids together..

he just told me that 3 years ago when i was pregnant with our first child he cheated on me and got the girl pregnant.. i am so heart broken about this....has anyone been through anything like this before? What would you do if this happend to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• are you just finding out now?I guess if it was me I would leave.But I couldn't get over it.If you have known and stayed and it's still bugging you then you need to decide for yourself. Do whats best for you and your kids
    misskitty98310

Answer by misskitty98310 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Im so sorry that this has happened!!! I have been married almost 4 yrs and have 2 little ones, and I would be in pieces if my dh told me something like that. I would want to know if he has continued this relationship with the other woman and child, and if there was a paternity test done. If so, the child should be a part of your dh's life, and yours. Is this the only time he cheated?? Was it a one time thing?? Again, I cant imagine how you are feeling. Hugs to you!!!
    cmlowery

Answer by cmlowery at 10:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• It depends on your history with him and your own feelings. It's a personal situation and don't let others tell you what you should do. Listen to others but make up your own mind about how you want to proceed. Get a list of questions you feel you need answered and talk with him. Why did he tell you know? How did they get together? Where? How long has he known about the child? DNA testing ? What about others? If not..why just the one? Think of what you need to understand, heal and move on from the pain with or without him. Best wishes
    ChattyWifePlus2

Answer by ChattyWifePlus2 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• ouch! it really depends on if this was his only screw up, or if he has been cheating on u off and on for years. if it was his only screw up i would TRY to make it work ( i say try cause its not a guarantee), get some marital counselling, get a lawyer to help with the legal aspect of the other woman and child. and u might not want to, but i would meet the other woman, since she will be a part of ur life, might as well try to make it not so horrible. if he has cheated off and on for years then i would kick him to the curb. that is just me though, u need to do what u feel is best for ur family.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Divorce him! You have grounds for divorce. He was unfaithful. He violated his vows. Make him pay!
    Prissy51

Answer by Prissy51 at 3:25 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I am sorry you must feel so betrayed and rightfully so. What I am not sure of is what were his intentions for telling now. He must have a part 2 plan or he'd never of come clean. Hang in the girl and let us know.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• omg, i am so sorry. i would walk. no, i would make him walk. if he did it then, he'll do it again. and he put your life and the life of your baby at risk. what if he had brought some std home to you?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:45 AM on Jul. 16, 2008