Do you think some women have no clue what marriage should be about?

Seems to be alot of questions about not feeling "in love" anymore and them thinking their marriage is on the rocks! Love is commitment,partnership,comfort and security. It is not the horny honeymoon feelings. Lust fades.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree 100%....when I got married my mom told me straight up...you're not going to always be in love with him, and he's not always going to be in love with you, but as long as you both arent feeling that way at the same time you can always make it work....I believe that is 100% true
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yeah, I agree. I get soooo sick of all the young girls in a hurry to get married, because they think it is the fun, great thing to do. They have no clue how hard it is and you have to constantly work at it. It is a job just like anything else with good days and bad days.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 12:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I agree. Why do you think that is? Is it the unrealistic expectations folks get from movies and tv? Or something else?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• yes....most dont understand what commitment is all about......i think there are some real reasons to get divorced but most are just because the couple got bored with each other ......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I think that all healthy relationships go in cycles and that changes with the things going on in your lives. Sometimes you're passionate lovers, sometimes you're best friends, sometimes you're an ear to listen. My husband and I have been through major stress, financial problems, health problems, etc. Our roles change with all of that, and we're there for each other in what ever way we each need. That's the whole point of having a true partner in life. Sure, we were horny teenagers when we were 17 years old, and at 32, we're still horny teenagers sometimes. But we're also there for each other when what we really need is a friend.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Agreed! x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 3:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Lucy, I completely agree. Infact I have neve heard that before, but damn! I definately believe it!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 7:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I do think there are women out there that married their men for what the men had or could give them and not for true love. For their own selfishness, needs and wants. Those same women I feel would rather stay in a marriage where the husband isn't happy because they know they are being taken advantage of. When those men start to pull back all of the sudden these women start to complain and put the blame on the husband. He doesn't do this for me, he doesn't do that for me, he is boring, I don't feel the same anymore. yadda yadda yadda.

It has to understood from the beginning that marriage is going to have it's ups and downs, but that can only be understood if both are in love as an equal and not as a competition.
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 9:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I think women get the idea of marriage from way back in their lives. Look at what cartoons depict. Prince rides up on a white horse and rescues her and they live HAPPILY EVER AFTER!

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2011