Tubal Ligation, What to expect after?

I had my daughter 3 weeks ago Friday and I will be having a tubal ligation laparoscopically next week. My doctor said I will be bouncing around the same day but when I went to pre register the RN just laughed and told me I would want to sleep the rest of the day and I would be sore. Am I going to start bleeding again after the procedure, if so about how long? Will I cramp for a couple of days or just that day? What was your experience like after your tubal?

aheuszel

Asked by aheuszel at 12:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Health

• I had my tubal 3 weeks after a c-section. You will be sore, and you will want to sleep afterwards, mainly from being put under anesthesia. Make sure to have some gas pills to take when you get home from the hospital, unless they give you some. The gas was horrendous after my surgery and I almost went back to the hospital!!! You will be up and about that night, but you will be sore for a few days to a week. I did start bleeding again after the surgery and it lasted just a few days.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I had my tubal done the day after I gave birth to dd. I was walking around that night.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I had my tubal during my c-section. I didn't feel anything other than regular c-section healing. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Oh yeah I forgot about the gas. It was terrible!
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I had Essure done so it is a bit different. But I came home and slept for a few hours due to the pain (my one pain med didn't work for me). After that I had a bit of discomfort but nothing major.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 3:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2011