Over-Heated???

My son, who will be 1 in a week seems to get overheated very easily. A few weeks back, we went to Busch Gardens and he got so hot, upset, and just whiny from being in the heat. Nothing helped him, not cool water. He screamed when we put the cool rags on his forehead. We left and it took him awhile to cool down, he seemed to be unconsoleable. I thought it was a one time thing, but no. We went to the beach today and after being in the heat (in the shade w/sucscreen and cool drink) he started whining and fussing and was super hot again. I feel like I cant take him out anywhere - b/c I dont want him to feel sick from the heat. My dd was never like this. He has allergies and seems to be very sensative to a lot of things. Anyone else have a child like this?? What do you do to help him?? Thanks in advance!!!

cmlowery

Asked by cmlowery at 9:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is the same way. Heat and humidity do him in. My daughter has no problem being out when it is hot. We just avoid being out in the hottest part of the day and stay in on really hot/humid days. It does change our plans sometimes, but it is not fun if he is crying and upset the whole time either.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 12:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• have him drink more cool distilled water he may be getting deyhrydated more from the sun
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 4:53 AM on Jul. 13, 2008