Stretching suggestions for flexibility?

I've been losing a little weight and gaining muscle. Normally,it's a good thing but I haven't lost enough weight yet to appreciate it. I look stocky.

I was hoping for some stretching suggestions that could improve flexibility and promote a longer,leaner appearance. Maybe simple yoga or dancer stretch moves.

whiskey80

Asked by whiskey80 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• yoga or pilates, or can look up the warm up exercises that gymnasts do, those are the ones i still do after doing gymnastics for 3 years..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Pilates definitely helps!! Congrats on the weight loss, I know how hard it is :)
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Any and all stretching will help. Stretching should not hurt at all. And, DO NOT bounce the stretch, that's a good way to rip/pull something.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Definitely Yoga!!! I started doing it pretty consistently and not only did I see improvement in flexibility but core strength too!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• yoga or pilates, or can look up the warm up exercises that gymnasts do
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2011