High liver levels during routine blood test?

has this ever happened to you and what was the outcome? was something wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Health

• This just happened to a very good friend of my husbands we were actually getting really scared because they couldn't figure out what was wrong and they were coming up with all kinds of crazy ideas of what it could be but, finally after two liver biopsies they finally figured out that it was one of the vitamin supplements he was taking. it was crazy!

Anonymous

• Ok, re read the question. My eyeballs aren't working. There can be many reasons for higher liver enzymes, and most of the causes aren't dangerous.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• it could be diabeties can't spel thats what they told me when it happened
    kealey

Answer by kealey at 1:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I had high liver enzymes, and they tested for numerous different things from hepatitis, crohns, wilsons disease, all sorts of stuff like 15 different things, they did a ultrasound, nothing showed up. But I had episodes of biliary colic (gallbladder attack) so we think it was from a tiny gallstone blocking the bile duct that eventually passed because its all back to normal now but I did have to go on a low fat, low sodium, no dairy diet to prevent the biliary colic from occurring anymore.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I don't have a gall bladder anymore...it was removed 5 years ago. I am too terrified of "what if" so I am going for another test right now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• It could be a number of liver disorders, or the beginning of liver disease. Here's a helpful link:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/elevated-liver-enzymes/MY00508/DSECTION=causes

H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 3:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• all of those are horrible! i'm going to die
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• excessive alcohol use, or even drinking soon prior to your test can throw off your liver enzymes. So can taking acetamenaphin (tylenol) and some other medications. my brother in law is an alcoholic and his liver enzymes are always sky high. But i've also reviewed lab reports (i have to do this at work) where someone drank the night before and that elevated their enzymes. Try not to worry too much until you have more info.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i'm not a drinker...

i actually went for a retest and hep panel yesterday and everything is normal. thank God
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2011