Do you know anyone who needs to be praised for doing a half assed job?

So yesterday me and the kids went out with my mom...nothing special, just to Barnes&Nobles and then out for a coffee and then out to eat...it was awesome since I havent even been out of the house except to the Dr's office since Sonny was born and I havent been out to eat or anything in MONTHS!

Anyways when I get home my husband greets me at the door and he's all like "Look at what I did, I cleaned the kitchen up and cleaned up in the living room!" so I look and all I see are a bunch of dirty dishes in the sink, socks on the couch, old junk mail on the side table....it ended up making me mad! I NEVER go ANYWHERE and I come in the house and he expects praise for basically doing nothing....like okay..you put all the dishes in the sink...I'm still the one who has to wash them!

We got into a huge argument, although it ended with us coming to an agreement about what we expect out of each other now that he's at home....(he's been laid off)..so I guess that's good..but I've never in my life met a person who expected to be praised for doing a half assed job before!

Have you?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• My BIL does everything hal-assed and expects praise. Sounds like you two worked something out which is always good.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Should say half-assed.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• You just described 99% of my family!
    That would make me mad as well. Is he really that dense to not realize that he'd have to do housework if he wasn't working?!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Lol.. yes I have known people like that. !~
    Hope you are feeling better *hugs*
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• my FIL does EVERYTHING half-assed and thinks its better than anything anyone else can do.
    janice513

Answer by janice513 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I feel your pain. My DH is laid off at the moment too. He also expects praise if I come home from work and he's done anything...even though it usually isn't enough to lighten my load. At least you could work something out. My hubby and I are still at odds. He feels like he does enough, and besides "Housework is boring." Cry me a river.
    Mom22Gurls82

Answer by Mom22Gurls82 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My husband is like that too. It pisses me off to no end. I was gone most of the past month because I was with my mom and dad while my dad was dying. My dh took care of the kids and that is it. Very minimal cleaning was done and he did a few loads of laundry. He fed the kids ramin noodles and mac and cheese all month. And is expecting me to sing his praises and jump up and down for joy that he did such a great job.
    Really? I am happy he was home with them and kept them fed so that I could do what I needed, but come on.

I know it is because his mom never set any standards for him. My kids are being taught to do their best at every turn.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Men are sorta like little boys inside with fragile egos. They live off of praise..even if you feel it's half assed. They have to be NOTICED for what they do. Yeah, I here you, it really really sucks to always hear them tooting their own horn..and you're like "What?, you call that a job well done?" I don't see anyway of changing this...if we did they wouldn't be men anymore.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Sounds like my husband. He thinks he should be praised for FINALLY cleaning half the filthy kitchen. At those times all I can think is: You want a cookie or something? You did PART of what you're supposed to.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I know some people like that. I had rather them not touch it at all than do it half way.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2011