So I almost passed out in Walmart last week....

I was feeling so dizzy, the lights got brighter, I started to sweat, and my knees and hands were shaking like crazy. I was about to pass out as I searched in vain for a bench to sit on, but couldn't find one and ended up falling to the floor. I half lay, half sat there for a few minutes in a daze, then sat up so I could put a hand on my cart where my son was sitting so no one would take him (weird how your mind works as a mom, huh?). I sat for nearly 15 minutes, breathing heavily, sweating profusely, white as a sheet and half blocking the aisle. People just went around me like I wasn't there, not even looking at me never mind asking if I were ok. Now, I am HUGELY pregnant, carrying low and very big, and had my 1 year old baby in the cart next to me that I was clutching for dear life. No employees came to see if I were ok, and it was very difficult for me to get up by myself with nothing to hold on to.

I decided that was the end of my shopping trip, and went to the front of the store to check out. As I was standing in line, I felt bad again and had to back out of the line and go through an empty line to sit on a bench up front behind the registers. As I sat, an older lady (probably 80-85) sat next to me and started to complain abut how tired she was. I told her is was pregnant and feeling dizzy and I just needed to sit for a while. I sat for probably another 10-15 minutes, then got up to go pay for my food. Wouldn't you know the older lady was the next person ahead of me in line. She took a very long time to get her things onto the belt, and the cashier told me not to start loading my stuff on until she was done, since the belt was broken and wouldn't stop moving. I waited, then loaded my stuff on. When I turned around, the old lady was gone, but all her food was still there. The cashier told me she hadn't had enough money and was going to the bank (there was an in-store branch). I was feeling very dizzy again and all my things were loaded on to the belt and I was stuck there. I though about sitting on the floor, but my son was getting fussy from all the waiting and needed entertaining.

After FINALLY paying for my food, I went to go out to my car. Wouldn't you know it was raining buckets? I got soaked and before I could get the groceries in the car everything that was in a carboard box (cereal, plastic bags, ect.) were all soaked and the glue all came apart, so I ended up with a soggy mess in every bag.

When I told my husband about my trip, he decided that I was not going to go shopping by myself anymore, which I guess is a good idea. He was also very upset that I sat on the floor for so long and no one even asked if I were ok. What can I say? It's freakin' Walmart....

alphamom26

Asked by alphamom26 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Shopping

• minnesotanice. So it bothers you that much to correct my spelling-where-were. Crazy if you ask me. The way she was feeling could be a health emergency that late in her pregnancy. STAY IN YOUR OWN LANE, minnesotanice. Have a nice day. Answer by louise2 an hour ago ----------------------

You are rude. And defensive and uneducated and you feel bad about that ,but you would rather not admit it so you continue to be rude and misspell. Not a good sign,louise. 

You need to back off and stop criticizing her ---she should know about her own pregnancy and doesn't need YOU to admonish her and accuse her of being lax. She needs sympathy---she was ignored at WalMart when she felt dizzy. SHe doesn't need any more crap from anyone.

By the way, there IS SpellCheck here.....

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would have asked someone to get me some help. I can not believe that nobody stopped to check on you. Shame on them. Next time make sure you ask for help.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I'm sorry that happened to you. That might happen anywhere tho. People don't want to get involved as much nowdays. They are self-centered.
    Back in 1971 when I was pregnant with my son and we were at an AF Base, I almost passed out in the BX. Three people came to help me and the cashier nearby took me ( and my little girls age 2 and 3 1/2...)to the employees lounge to lie down on their couch. That was a long time ago. I wish people were that concerned now.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• So after all that you did not go to the doctor to see if you where ok and the baby was ok.

Answer by louise2 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• minnesotanice. So it bothers you that much to correct my spelling-where-were.  Crazy if you ask me. 

The way she was feeling could be a health emergency that late in her pregnancy.

STAY IN YOUR OWN LANE,  minnesotanice.   Have a nice day.

Answer by louise2 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Shame on that WalMart..I can't say they are all bad, but that manager should have been contacted. I hope you are feeling better mama!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Another reason why I do not enjoy shopping at WalMart. Horrible customer service. I go to Target because I have never had bad customer service there, and I think their things are better quality for still a great price!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would have complained! that is ridiculous! especially the inconsiderate jerks just walking around you :(
    mlmartinez

Answer by mlmartinez at 1:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

Answer by louise2 a minute ago

-------------------------------------------
    ....."see if you WERE ok"....not " you where ok"
    and you know that happens to pregnant Moms alot and is not a health emergency. ARe you finding fault with her? How rude.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• It is true that this happens everywhere. My cousin had a dizzy spell when she was 9 mos IN CHURCH and almost fell, but still no one came to see if she were ok either.
    And louise2, I never said I didn't go to the doctor, but its so nice of you to assume the worst of someone. I had a doctor's appointment the next day, called my doctor to ask him if he thought I should come in (he said I was fine, btw) and went home. At my appointment the next day they checked my electrolite balance, iron, and everything else, and I am still fine. It was just a normal pregnancy thing that most pregnant women go through. You are lucky to have never had it happen to you.
    minnesotanice, thank you for the defense :)
    alphamom26

Comment by alphamom26 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2011