Microdermabrasion/chemical peels

Anyone with sensitive skin ever had any of these procedures? I'm getting some good deals from Grouon and LivingSocial for them. I'm tempted to try, specially the chemical peel, but I'm terrified of my skin burning. I have very fair and sensitive skin. What was your experience with these?

Ashoonik

Asked by Ashoonik at 1:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Both of these procedures are very harsh..if ur skin is sensitive then its going to be rough for u for a while..I would try something milder first. Kohls sells a great product called citra peel that works pretty well..I have sensitive skin too and have been using this product for 6 years..good luck!
    devsmom98

Answer by devsmom98 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I haven't gotten a chemical peel but I've done the microderm abrasion & haven't had any problems. You will want to put sunscreen on after and not wear make-up for about a day but tell the tech who is doing it that you have sensitive skin. They can turn down the suction so it isn't too much all of a sudden.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• There's a microdermabrasion/chemical type of peel tha's a little more gentle from a line called Boots No 7 from England that they sell in Target stores. I think it's about $25 and it received very high ratings in the Good Housekeeping when they were testing hundreds of products and rating them.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• oh no.. here we go.. i have had 3 different micro-derms done.. and in 3 different states. i hated everyone of them. to each is own though. every skin type is different.. age, tone, etc is a factor. i wish they had worked for me. it only caused more brown spots for me. good luck i hope it work. my chemical peel was too weak for me as well. let me know what happens.
    SOPHIASMOM

Answer by SOPHIASMOM at 7:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I had to go to a dermatologist for a skin problem and she recommended that I go to her for a chemical peel. I told her that those things terrify me because I don't want to make things worse. I know that my skin is very sensitive. She told me that as a dermatologist they know how much solution to use for each skin type. She is an excellent doctor and did a very good job with the problem I had. I know if I do get the peel it'll be at a dermatologist's office and not a salon.
    Ashoonik

Comment by Ashoonik (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I think I changed my mind. I won't even consider getting a peel. Even a doctor cannot guarantee a successful result. Thanks ladies.
    Ashoonik

Comment by Ashoonik (original poster) at 2:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2011