Once baby is here, how do i spilt up my time for not only the baby but also my 3yr?

i have 10 weeks to go and im so scared that i'l spend more time with the baby with my 3yr. ( i know the first couple or weeks will be crazy) but how do i spend time with both or my kids when there is hardly any time now?

IloveMyKids415

Asked by IloveMyKids415 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• First of all, forget house work. There is no way to do it all. You will spend a lot of time nursing, so let the 3 year old cuddle too and watch a lot of movies. That is when I introduced my older one to the computer. I was able to hold the baby and teach my other one to work the computer. She got so good she could do it herself. Nickjr, noggin, sesamestreet, disney, all have great websites. Also, let the 3yr old pick out babies clothes, diapers, etc. Involve her. Good luck, you can do it!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I have a 7 month old and a 3 year old. It is very easy to spend time with each of since the 7 month old gets up earlier than the 3 year old and around noon the baby will nap I spend time playing with my toddler until his nap. We usually take them to the park 2 times a week and have a few special outings a month for the toddler. Like next month we plan to take him to the State fair. You will set your own thing and it will work out just fine.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• to answer what all of us moms have thought at one time or another- when adding an extra child, your heart doesn't split, it grows bigger- there will be plenty of time and things that you can do with both kids and love them evenly and fairly. :O)

I love all 4 of mine the same, but differently as they are different and they each have there own time, I don't know how, but it just happens.

When baby sleeps, attend to the 3yr old, but not every time, because you need rest too. If someone ask to babysit or help you, say yes take the baby- it won't know the difference and then you can spend time w/ 3 yr old who does notice the difference.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 2:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• well.....you should make the 3 yr...share stuff to do with you when it comes to cleaning up the baby and share playtime nap time and more....that way the 3yr wont be lonly...and u wont be worry...
    greens11

Answer by greens11 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The baby will not notice if you are reading to your 3-year-old when feeding her and many 3-year-olds love to help out, so try doing things like that. Can the 3-year-old change his/her baby while you change yours?  You might want to see if there is a child in your neighborhood age 10 - 12 who will come over and play with you older child.  Sometimes you'll find one who will work for a dollar or two per hour.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2011