How do YOU handle a family member who....

Tells the rest of the family that you are losers, don't work, don't take care of our kids, that we are selfish, and tells them we are broke. All could be further from the truth.

Shows up at our house and tells us how messy it is when her own house is NASTY and she never cleans her carpets or couches.

Chews us out for getting a dog,saying we can't afford it.

Calls me lazy and jobless when she works at a chicken wing place and I do have a job that actually pays more than hers.

She does mean things then denies them.

Took down the pictures of our kids at the nursing home for dad and left only a picture of her kids.

Drinks excessively, and talks at us like morons who can't live on their own.

We barely see this person, so I don't get it. There is no proof of the things she says. In fact, her life is really messed up! I've seen her get drunk, fall over, she broke her hand once. She's hit her husband a few times right in front of us! I even watched her shake her daughter and call her a bitch. I avoid her as much as possible. What would you do? I'm interested to see how others handle this crap!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd bitch slap her
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• that family member would be dead to me.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i would say yesmaam is right!!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• that's right yesmaam! Then bitch slap the bitch slap.............
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• She would no longer be in the picture, anyone she tells should/would know the truth anyway so I wouldn't sweat it.. I'd never answer her calls or the door or be around her again
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would ignore the things she is saying about you all. And never invite them over again.

Answer by louise2 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Sounds like she hates her life so she tries to make herself feel better by telling lies on you.. I would just avoid them the best I could.. Good luck I know it sucks.. But keep your head up
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would not even talk to that person or allow her into my home.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would avoid her and have minimal contact. I have a sister in law who is the epitome of negativity and she never says anything nice about anyone, I think it is how she makes herself feel better in her own misery. She is just one of those toxic personalities. I avoid her as much as I can and I have called her out on her BS a couple of times, once I did that she tends to tread a little lighter. I am sure most people that deal with her see her for the slime that she is anyways. People like that do not really have opinions that matter anyways.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 2:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• 1) I would stop claiming them as family

2) I would make it crystal clear that she is not allowed on my property

3) I would never speak of or to this person again.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 2:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2011