What do you think of immigration law going into effect?

mommymtz

Asked by mommymtz at 2:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Can you explain the law details.. I havent heard of it..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• the schools have to report all illeagel kids the police have the right to pull over and detain illeagel hispanics for no reason the jobs have to e-varify the illeagel employees and anyone transporting or housing illeagel hispanics will get in trouble...
    mommymtz

Comment by mommymtz (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I agree .. if they are coming her illegally then yes.. they should get into trouble.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Where is this law? They tried passing one like that in Hazleton pa, but the supreme court shut it down.
    If it's just a town making the law, it doesn't matter. It will be stopped. Right now it's a matter of making a statement.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• ok but what if they have kids by an amercian and are leagelly married to the amercian......
    mommymtz

Comment by mommymtz (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• no its in ALL ALABAMA.... gov. bently signed in the beginning of june its not suppose to go onto effect till sept 1 but theres alot of people fighting it.....
    mommymtz

Comment by mommymtz (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Then they should take the steps needed to become a citizen. Until then they are illegeal.

I see this is the Alabama law. I see they signed it this morning. The thing is, the federal government wont' allow it to put into effect because they are the only ones allowed to prosecute illegal immigrants. Until that law is changed, this is still just a show.

But, I do agree with it.

Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• What is the problem?  If you enter any country illegally, there are consequences to pay.  BTW I am an immigrant and a legal one at that!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Do I agree with people being held accountable for crimes they commit? Yes, I do.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• the schools have to report all illeagel kids the police have the right to pull over and detain illeagel hispanics for no reason

Unless you can give a source that indicates that the law specifically states that the police have a right to pull over and detain 'illegal Hispanics', then all you have given us is hyperbole. 

First off, I support state's rights.  Secondly, if our federal government refuses to do it's job of protecting our borders, they are leaving it up to the states to do their job FOR them.  It's a dirty job, but someone HAS TO DO IT.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2011