Anyone willing to figure out a way to motivate me to lose this weight already?

I am FAR too easy on myself, I make sure my son and DH are fed healthy and we don't drink soda or juices and I know some about what not to eat but it gets over whelming when I think I'm doing one thing right, then find out its wrong.
Eat these veggies but not the too starchy one, drink milk but the calories are a lot in it, eat fruit but some diets say only certain kinds. I want to rid myself of this 40lbs SO much but I cave so easily. Tell me what to eat daily and only and I'll do it but its like if I have to make decisions, I can't get it together.. and I should feel bad about the 2 packages of swiss cake rolls I just ate, but I don't.. and I WANT TO...

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm in the same boat as you. I have been skinny most of my life and I never ever got there by dieting. I think the key is to stay busy! I'm trying to lose about 40 pounds too and I've just been walking every single day and eating less. I have more energy and am less hungry but still slip up and eat things I "shouldn't" eat. It's just about eating LESS> way less. WHo cares what you eat as long as it's not too much. That's my opinion. I will let you know what worked for me cuz I AM going to lose this weight. ONe way or the other.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i just ate smaller meals and to lose weight takes time
    i also walked where ever i had to go yes you will get down winded but right know i am down to size 14 from size 22
    and at53 i look like hottie and i wear skin tight jeans
    yes you fall down just pick your self up and yes you can have treat or two
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• yeah i used to be the same way and i started the body by vi health challenge and have lost tons of weight but also try myfitnesspal.com it can help you track what you need to eat vs what you are eating .. many do think its about eating less but really that isnt true.. if you dont eat enough your body shuts down and uses its own fat to feed itself and it doesnt do anything but make you hungrier and make you gain weight. you have to stay eating small meals to keep your metabolism up.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• dutchcanadain- has the right idea!!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• see, that's what I mean, I have ADD and my brain just doesn't work in the organized way it should.. I mean, eat less, eat enough, smaller portions but like of what? I joined slimgenics and lost 20lbs but within 6 months gained it all back because I was literally eating 800 calories and broccoli til I gagged and I was sooo tired and was even taking supplements
    I just am confused what is good and bad and what times and how much and portions.. I can't seem to get it together or keep it straight and being add isn't helping because I totally feel like I'll never learn this.
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• You know if I could/would only practice what I'm about to say.....I would be slimmer. It takes a lot of hard work. You can do it!
    You need to eat real whole foods. Nothing processed. No salt and drink only water.
    Eat off of salad plates not the charger plates we are use too.
    Eat small balanced meals regularly throughout the day, say 3-4 hours apart.
    Eat protein 2oz per meal, carbs 1/2 cup per meal (that are whole grain), vegetables 1 cup per meal, and fruits 1/2 cup 2-3 times per day=that are lower in sugars.
    Incorporate exercise as you go and become more comfortable.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• contact a dietician and they can help you figure out how to control these things
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I can totally relate to you!! Up until about a month ago I would wake up in the middle of the night and eat!! Like Crazy! I HAD to do something about it! I was gaining weight daily. No kidding! So I got on Shakeology! What a LIFESAVER! I've been drinking it for 13 days now and have lost 7lbs. I feel so much better, and I'm relieved that I've finally found something that works! Now I'm a beachbody coach and sharing what I love! =) If you are at all interested in Shakeology please message me! I would love to help you out. you can also get more information on my site. www.myshakeology.com/sarahstockton
    Sawres1611

Answer by Sawres1611 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2011