How and when to leave baby with another?

I have 6 week old Chase and I've canceled 2 hair appts now because I can't seem to bring myself to leave him, even with my husband?? Is this normal??

kdenise977

Asked by kdenise977 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You won't leave the baby with the father? It's normal to be a bit anxious, but I think you should go get your hair cut.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Leave him with his FATHER. I left my son with my cousin at 2 weeks old. If you trust the person, leave the child, especially with the other parent. At 6 weeks old, a lot of babies are with sitters or at day care so the parents can work to support the child and family. It's not easy but leave him for the short amount of time it will take to get your hair done.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Oh, yeah. Especially this early. It will pass as you learn that your husband really won't break the baby.

As to how you do it? You hand baby to dad and GO and don't look back.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I was wondering the same thing lol
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I was the same way but our son was colic so there was a reason. I think its important to leave to give baby and daddy the bonding time they need, he needs to figure out how to care for the baby too - its harder for some of us than others but you need to MAKE yourself
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My son is also SUPER FUSSY from gas issues right now and I'm afraid my husband who works all day, doesn't pay attention enough to him... he's spent up to 6 hours at a time with him...WHILE I'M HOME, but when I'm not going to be here, I feel it's not fair to the baby who is used to me when he's so fussy !! Am i crazy?? he will cry and fuss if not held during these "fussy" times.
    kdenise977

Comment by kdenise977 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I think it's pretty normal at this point.

Maybe try taking baby steps. Have Daddy watch Baby while you take a shower or a long bath. When you feel ok taking longer than a speed shower try going on a short errand and leaving them home. Work your way up to leaving Baby and Daddy alone together for longer periods of time. As hard as it is to do this at first, you'll appreciate it down the road when Baby and Daddy are well-bonded and can handle things without you for a little while.

Another option is to bring both Baby and Daddy along to your appointment and have Daddy watch the baby while you get your hair done. You might be better able to relax and enjoy it if you know your baby is in the same building with you.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The baby will be fine. The only way for daddy to learn is for you to leave and to let him learn on his own ____ the same way you learned>
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The baby will be fine. You need to give your husband an opportunity to parent and yourself an opportunity to get your hair cut!! Really, it will be okay!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• You can't always say "the baby will be fine" Super fussy and colic babies are hard, my DH would get upset and frustrated within 3 minutes of a colic spell but the difference, he continued to want to learn how to care for his son and figure him out - also, he HAD to care for him every monday all day so they were / he was forced to figure it out -it depends on how your DH is with him even while you are home to say where the comfort level really is.. it is tough mama, I know!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2011