When should i go to the hospital?

I am 39 weeks pregnant and am unsure of what should be occuring for me to go to the doctor. With my first pregnancy i wasnt really having any painful contractions and then it just hit me REALLY hard and was in bad labor before i knew it so i dont want to wait too long.
5 days ago i was dilated to a 2 and 50%
I have been having diarhea, she has dropped significantly so i feel a lot of pressure, lower back pain, swelling of hands and feet and i have quite frequent BAD cramping and stomach tightening up but nothing EXTREMELY painful. I just dont want to waste a trip to the hospital but then again i dont wanna wait too long

LACYC1988

Asked by LACYC1988 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't know what to expect and when to go to the hospital either with my first because I wasn't having real painful contractions, mostly like Braxton Hicks so I didn't really know...but then my water broke...even still it wasn't like a big gush so I still didn't know for sure, but I called the nurses and they told me to come in.

They say to time your contractions and if you really still are unsure, call a nurse and ask her advice...don't worry so much about going in if it's not really time...better safe than sorry!
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 2:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• You can call ur hospital & tell them whats going on & they will let u know if u need to go in or not..Look for blood,alot of mucus discharge,bad cramp like contractions 5 or 10 min apart!

Chelhaidax

Answer by Chelhaidax at 2:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I was always told, when they hurt so bad you cant walk/talk through them, its time to go in... regardless of how far apart they are, some women never get "consistent 3 mins apart"
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 2:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would call and describe to them what is going on. Better to be safe than sorry! Good luck (:
    CuriousGirl607

Answer by CuriousGirl607 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Sounds to me like you're starting labor. I'd call the doctor and ask how to proceed & when to come to the hospital.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2011