Advice, anyone?

So, I hardly ever watch tv, unless it's cartoons (the DD is watching) or something on Sci-Fi (DH wants to watch).

Last night, DH was going to bed, and DD was in bed, and I started watching a movie at 11:30. He comes down stairs whining about how it's going to be 1 am before I go to bed, and he wants someone to snuggle in the bed with him...yada yada yada.

I try to explain to him that I never get to watch TV and he tells me that since I'm a SAHM, that I should be so busy that I don't need to watch tv. Like WTF.

I'm never alone, either my DD is always up in my face, or when she goes to bed, my DH is in my face. He refuses to watch her because I'm a "stay at home mother now".

Does anyone else have this problem?

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Which problem?
    My DH and I always go to bed at the same time, because it is the only alone time WE get.
    Anonymous

• My husband has trouble understanding that I do need time away from him and my son. I work two jobs, and he seems to think that's my "away" time.

For the most part, I let him have his whine and ask if he wants some cheese to go with it. Then he remembers that he's being stupid and that my habit had ALWAYS been to have "alone time" before going to bed. But this is something that works because we've been together more than 20 years.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Ouch, I don't , but that's because I also work outside of the home. Honestly I would not stand for that disrespect. He has food in his belly, clothes to wear, a beautiful DD, and a wife, he should say thank you and go to bed, with or without you.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• You're not alone, but I don't really have any advice other than try to appreciate your family and the fact that you get to stay home with your beautiful DD rather than go to some job that you hate. It's hard, especially when nobody else shows their appreciation for you; just try to remember that what you are doing is very very important and significant and that you are one of the most selfless, one of the least selfish people on Earth for doing what you do!
    Also, try to talk to DH about this. Maybe he can watch DD for just a couple of hours one day that he doesn't work just so you can go shopping or watch t.v. or take a shower even! It's definitely nice to be able to do anything for yourself without someone clinging to you or whining in your ear!
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 2:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Just because he has a job outside of the home doesn't give him any right to not be a father!

Answer by missanc at 2:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2011