here we go again!!!

I was on here the other day asking about how to get my 2 year old to potty train. for those of u who answered my question thank you but i tried EVERYTHING u said and she wont go. for those of u who didnt see the question, I started her at 17 months because she showed interest early. well we moved out of our apt and into my parents home until we found a place of our own and there i tried to get her to continue it and noone was helping me when i wasnt around.she lost interest.

I am at my wits end. I waited until she was 2 because i figured she was still too young and now that she is she does not want to even SIT ont the potty let alone use it. I am afraid that she is NEVER going to get potty trained!!! I ask her if she wants to go potty and she tells me she is afraid of it. She tells me that she has done her business after the fact. I am frustrated nothing seems to be working.

lovemybeba

Asked by lovemybeba at 11:29 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Then maybe it's not time. You can't force them to do it. Maybe you can start over again, with the baby potty and let her watch you use the potty. Offer small treats for sitting on the potty. Put big girl panties on her. Take it one day at a time, because you getting frustrated isn't going to help the situation. If she really doesn't seem interested, don't push the issue, wait a month or two and try again. Good luck to you!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:35 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• She's only 2. What is the rush? I would just forget it for a while.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I would try not to get to fustrated. I started my daughter at 2 but she was not potty trained until 3. I did not see the responses the first time but have you tried putting her in panties around the house. My daughter turned 3 in August and she will still go in her pull up if she is wearing one out. I found that after a few accidents in her panties she started using the potty.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 11:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I have tried everything. Even the panties and she just went in them and never told me she went. My thing is I want her to be potty trained because I am a full time student and plan to graduate in the fall and want to put her in daycare or preschool but the problem is no daycare facility will take her unless she is potty trained!
    lovemybeba

Answer by lovemybeba at 12:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Potty training is hard work. The problem is that if she doesn't feel she is ready then you won't be able to succeed. If you push too hard now she will only become more afraid of using the toilet and it will make your job harder when she is ready. I understand your need to get her potty trained but there aren't a lot of children who are truly ready for potty training at 2 years old. Right now all you can really do is get her comfortable with the bathroom. Have her come with you to the bathroom and have her sit on the toilet two or three times a day but don't do it with the expectation that she will produce something. If she's scared, try talking to her about something unrelated to potty training to get her mind off of it. Let her know that going on the potty doesn't have to be scary.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• ok she WILL go when she is ready...as a mother of three...I KNOW....look at us...we are all "trained"...unless a medical condition is present.....so dont stress....one of my girls were not "trained" fully until she was 4...yes you heard right 4.....so let her tae her time and save yourself alot of stress!
    jheitkamper

Answer by jheitkamper at 1:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• if she doesnt want to do, shes not going too just yet. but im sure shes not going to wear diapers forever. i used school and swimming lessons as an incentive. good luck.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My son also showed interest early..then lost it quickly. Its very normal. After his 3rd birthday he was still only using the potty 1 out of 10 times.. and it drove me crazy. So about a week after his 3rd birthday we just started putting him in undies all day and he just started using the potty all by himself. It will just take time and you also cant push her to do it, she will let you know when she is ready. Some children just arent ready until long after thier 3rd birthday.. my neice was like that, she'd sit all the potty all day and then once she stood up..she'd pee. She didnt get fully trained until she was 4! Every child is differant.. and some are just plain stubborn. Give it time.. lay off for a bit.. and maybe try stricktly underwear while shes awake in a couple of months.
    MistyAB

Answer by MistyAB at 4:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• She's only 2, so I wouldn't worry too much. Lots of kids lose interest in it. Just try to be consistent. Take her to the potty every hour and praise her, even if she doesn't go. She'll get the hang of it. Don't stress yourself out :)
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 4:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2008