does your hubby freak out when you use the dryer?

i mean, i cant keep up on laundry if i didnt use it, but he demands that i should hang them instead!

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My mom is that way. She gets totally pissed off if she has to use the dryer or if she has to turn the heat or AC on in the house. She's crazy about using electric and water. You have to turn out all the lights in the house except for the one you're in and sometimes she'll sit in the dark watching tv with nothing else on. You absolutely can not leave water running she'll be up your ass so fast. She thinks it should take you 5 minutes to get through the shower, any longer and she's knocking on the door telling you to get out.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 11:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• No, that's what it's there for! I couldn't imagine hanging up laundry in cold weather!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:33 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• whattt? why? thats what its there for.
    starryeyez23

Answer by starryeyez23 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• hand him wet clothes to put on he will learn lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• LOL..I'm with anonymous. Hand him the basket of clothes and the clothes pin. Have a nice life sunshine..lol
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My mom FREAKS when we go to bed with the dryer running.

When I was a kid, an accident happened at my dad's house (my parents are divorced) and the dryer caught on fire. Now, it was a HIGHLY avoidable accident and happened only because of our stupidity. There was a bunch of crap on top of the dryer and the lint filter hadn't been cleaned in days. So OF COURSE something bad was going to happen. My brother almost died because he was sleeping, but my stepmom's evil cat meowed loud enough and he was able to crawl outside to safety.

Now my mom has a total bitchfit every time we go to bed with the dryer running. We clean the filter every single time and there's nothing on top of it. It never overheats. It's NOT going to catch on fire for no reason.

The woman is paranoid, I tell you.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• What am I Laura freakin Engalls? Tell him to hang them himself or dry when he is not home...whats next? He'll have you beating the laundry on a rock down by the stream! Sheece!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• OH crap...that is when I get my clothes in the dryer half the time! HA never knew that I could burn the house down! Um...I'm in Iowa and it is -1 outside today! Who in their right mind wants to hang clothes? How the hell are they going to dry anyway?? I don't get it, and I'm not a dingdong either, but aren't they just going to freeze? I spose you won't have to iron...
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Wow tell him its the 2000's not 1700's
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 12:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• No, my husband doesn't care. Neither does my dad (it's his house, his dryer). My dad looks at me funny if I hang stuff to dry in the yard in the summer. Which I find hilarious because when he was a boy that's how his mom did it.
    Definitely keep those lint traps free and open the front of your dryer and clear that out, too. We weren't doing that and our dryer broke. When the guy fixed it there were gobs upon gobs of lint under the dryer, surrounding the motor and at one time it had caught on fire but didn't cause external damage. We could have burnt the house down. I think it's time my dad clean it out again (I don't know how to open the panel).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2008