kidney disease? scary

Im pregnant and started to get blood in my urine. My doc put me on macrobid cause she thinks it could be kidney stones. Well i have spent the morning looking up kidney disease and i have all the symptoms. Has anyone ever had kidney disease or has it? I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• relaxe its probbaly more then likely just a kidney infection which can be common durring pregnancy take your anitbiotic like your dr said if she has reason to believe its something worse she will let you know. dont be stressing yourself out while pregnant your doing yourself or unborn baby no good.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I had blood and protien in my urine and it turned out all it was was a kidney infection. I am sure you will be fine. Don't get yourself too worked up.
    On the other hand, both my DH and our DD have kidney disease. My DH is more severe than our DD though. She had surgery in January 2008 to have her kidneys fixed. The surgery was a sucess so she will have no other problems in life. If the surgery had been around when my DH was a child, he would not have to go through the disease now. He has to self cath, he is supposed to do it every time he uses the bathroom but he doesn't. He only gets infections a few times a year and they give him some antibiotics and he is just fine.
    Usually kidney disease is something that they will find early in life, and now they are saying that it may also be hereditary. I am sure that you will be just fine. Like I said don't get yourself too upset. GL!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 1:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2008