I need to hear some encouragement about all this weight gain.......

I know I am vain but I am so use to be petite and tiny and I have gained 25 pounds and am almost 30 weeks. I only gained a total of 24 with my daughter 5 years ago. So I am sure I will at LEAST gain 10 more pounds and am scared of not being able to get it off. I am use to being able to go to the gym and when I have the baby I won't be able to go because I am not putting her in the nursery and I also have another child to take care of. So there won't be any time for exercise..... Anybody else gain a pile of weight and gotten off easy and quick?????? Last time I was back in my jeans the same week of giving birth. Don't think it will happen this time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• hopefully you nurse, it takes away 500 calories a day! extra~

if you don't consider it to help you loose it quicker, its a wonderful mom benefit. :O)

I gained 42 w/ #1 was in my jeans that week next week
    50 w/ #2 took me a bit longer and but I lost it all except 5 lbs
    40 w/ #3 lost it all but it took several months
    54 w/ #4 I have lost down to just 5 lbs but keep fluctuating 5-10 lbs... he is now 2.

so not all of it, but I was 20 lbs UNDER weight w/ #1, so I have gradually over the course of 16 yrs now, gotten to were I need to be. :O)
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Your previous loss was crazy fast... virtually impossible for most of us and certainly not something anyone SHOULD expect.

At least in my book you've gained nothing in this pregnancy. **grin** I gained twice that and more. Off by six weeks because I never got a chance to eat. Not something I particularly recommend, however!

Honest, with your current gain and your previous track record, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Nine months on nine months off is usual but I think you'll not go even one month.

And if your husband makes a crack, slap him for me, OK?

Answer by gdiamante at 3:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• well you can watch what you eat now and take walks and do prenatal yoga. i'm sure once you've had your baby you can do some stuff at home
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I look at it this way if people don't like you the way you are they don't have to look just feel good about yourself and everything will be ok
    shell69jean

Answer by shell69jean at 3:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Before I got pregnant with my son I weighed 115, and when it was 41 weeks pregnant I weighed 160. I gained alot and after he was born I walked everyday twice a day and watched my calorie intake. I lost all the weight with in 2 months. Youll be fine mama! and good luck.
    jessicapoker

Answer by jessicapoker at 8:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2011