I went in for a pap----what does this mean adult content

I have not had a pap for 5 years, I am embarassed because I am fat, but then I realized that I needed to do it, I have had issues before and I started having pain with intercourse, and my period is screwed up, and not having it done due to me being fat is super stupid so I woke up with strep throat and and ear ache on tuesday so I went to the doc and had everything done. During my pap she said that she swiped it three times and that she didn't think she was getting any cells, what does that mean, why was she not getting any??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Health

• Were you on your period at the time? Extra fluid or blood can make it difficult to interpret results after a pap.
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 3:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• no my period is screwed up, that is why I didn't want to make an appointment, unless it was a sameday one, but no, no period, but things are super dry there too
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i have never heard of that, so i dont know....... sorry :(
    barrelracer1977

Answer by barrelracer1977 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Why don't you give your Dr a call and ask? I can understand your problem, it sounds like maybe there was something wrong on the Drs end of things.
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The cells can't be seen when collected so I wonder what would make her say this too. Call your doctor if you must or just wait on the results. If they didn't get any cells they will let you know. Hugs. x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 3:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My cervix is very high and everytime i go in to get my paps done they tell me the same thing but they tell me its b/c my cervix is so high and its hard for them to collect cells. If you are super worried, i'd call and find out or wait it out til they get your results. good luck
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2011