F/S question

Yes anonymous here, I know how it gets on this site. :) Just need a quick answer.

We've been on food stamps for just a short time, but my DH just got a job (FINALLY!) today, but he won't be starting until the week after next probably and then it will most likely be another 3-4 weeks before he receives his first paycheck.

I know I will have to report the income, but when? Do I do it now or wait until he receives the paycheck? We still need the f/s until he does get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• not until you have something to report, which is a check stub and a first check. :)
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Wait until he receives it I believe.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Thank you. I'm relieved about that. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• They say 10 days after the changed happened. In your case, that'll be 10 days after he gets his 1st paycheck. I always wait until it's time to review again. There were times where I reported it right away and they didn't change anything until it was time for my review again, which is every 6 months.
    Anonymous

• He has no income until he receives the first check. Report it after you receive it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2011