Court july6 but just wanted out a contiuneany till aug 25 from his lawyer? Why? I really want to scream.

going through a divorce and he has always been controlling me. Just found about the new court date and still live together but by his rules, guarding the money, etc. I just wanted to over with. see i want to move out of state with parents and sister since no family around me. He does not want me to move. Is he doing this just to controll me yet? Why just can he ask for a contiunce and not me as well. NOw if can move later I will have to move the girls school around. can any one help? Can i some how make him cover the house bills and he find a place since I am a stay at home mom and will not have to look for work after 10 years.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 3:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• If he's always been controlling, he is still controlling. You CAN ask for a continuance, but it won't be granted unless you have ground to stand on. Do you have a lawyer dear? Has he always paid the house bills? You will obviously not be required to live together when the divorce is final, and you aren't required to live together now. He will not be required to pay everything 100%
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I do have my own lawyer and have no way to get money since he took me off the account and just gives up $150.00 a week for food for 5 people, gas,.
    momindiana

Comment by momindiana (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Get out of the house now. NOW. Get to a shelter. Do NOT go back. His controlling you like this is abuse in itself.

And find a new lawyer... the one you have should be doing better by you.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• it sucks
    i had court date of April 10th
    he had his lawyer move until august 22nd!!
    and of course he is still paying nothing at all to support his daughter
    hope court sees this for what it is = control (and in my case zero child support)

hugs
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2011