Just want opionions on this- We are a blended family @ have 3 boys in a room. What about trading them - give them the master room and my hubby and I taking their room?

Just to give them more room, right now they have twin bunk beds and a queen bed with two dressers. Has anyone done this @ was it succesfull or just any thoughts on the subject.

cluemein

Asked by cluemein at 3:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think you sound like a very caring & kind mother! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• great idea, why not trade? if it makes for a better envirement for everyone, it sounds like the best thing for you all. :)
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I think I would look for a twin bed to replace the queen bed and leave them in the kid's room.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I think that is a great idea! I agree with SuperrMommyy too!
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 3:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Great idea, I had a friend of mine who I grew up with who got the master bedroom. But looking back........she was an only child and spoiled.........you on the other hand are doing it for GOOD reasons......LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The funny thing is that when the queen wasnt in there they still complained about not enough room. Its bunk beds with a sliding bed under
    cluemein

Comment by cluemein (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My husband and I gave our twin girls the master bedroom, so yes, in your case I would certainly switch with them. Three kids to one room is a lot, but if the room is a decent size it's totally workable.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 3:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My bro in law and his wife did this, they have 7 kids in a 3 bedroom house. They had 2 sets of bunk beds in one room, and another set in the other, with the baby in the master with them. They took a small room and 4 of the kids shared a huge room :) It worked great for them.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• We done that one time & traded bedrooms with our daughter, we soon traded back because we as adults felt deprived of our big bedroom.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• If that's what you want to do then do it.
    When we moved back in with my dad in 2007 I gave my 3 older kids the "big" bedroom on the 2nd floor. There was no "master"bedroom just 2 large bedrooms and a bathroom on the 2nd floor. They were 7 (girl), 5 1/2 (boy) and 4 1/2 (girl). At our old apt our son had his own room but kept sleeping in the girls room so I figured it would just be easier to give them the big bedroom. It had plenty of room for their 3 beds.
    This last time we moved, though, the 3 girls (now 11, 8 1/2 and 5) share one regular bedroom and my son (now 9 1/2) has his own room until the baby (almost 1) moves in with him. Me and hubby kept the master bedroom cuz it has a bathroom and I was tired of having to sleep on a twin bed while he slept on the couch (the other 2 rooms really wouldn't fit a queen bed and dressers).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2011