Bring home outfit?

I live in a place where the temperature on any given summer day is well above 100 degrees, all these things they say to bring your baby home in would be miserably hot for a baby in this kind of weather. What should I do? Just a onesie and maybe a light blanket to shield the sun? PLEASE HELP!

LittleCook11

Asked by LittleCook11 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yeah if it's that hot I'd just put her in a onsie and have a blanket with to shield her from the sun, just as you said :)
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 3:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• if you are doing pictures in the outfit you could always go with a baby romper they make some cute ones at babies r us there short sleeved and legless congrats on the new baby
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 4:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• just a onesie should work fine
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My youngest came home in a onesie. A really cute one, but a onesie no less. :)
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I never put my kids in any of the "cute" newborn or infant outfits. Although they are supposed to be adorable, I can't help but think that the baby would be uncomfortable. Going from naked in a womb full of amniotic fluid to decked out in a sweater vest, socks, shoes, and khakis or a super frilly dress with shiny shoes and a hair band just doesn't seem right to me. Keep it simple and keep it comfortable- and skip the shoes, frills, etc:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2011