is the myth about peanuts true??

if you eat alot of peanuts in your pregnancy your baby will come out allergic to peanuts?????
i hope not because i really do crave alot of things that have peanuts in it....

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I craved them with my last baby and she isnt allergic.

Answer by gemgem at 11:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I think that is a myth. I ate any kind of nut with all my pregnancies. Just don't give it to them before they are two because it can increase the chance of them being allergic to it.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I just read a study where they withheld peanuts from one group of kids till they were 3. And allowed the other group to have peanuts after they were a year old. The group that didn't have peanuts early were actually the ones that had higher instances of developing the peanut allergy. Mind you none of these kids had peanut allergies in their family. So if you don't have the allergy in your family, you and the baby should be just fine. I ate peanuts throughout my pregnancy and my son started eating peanut butter at 18 months..
    Meagan22085

Answer by Meagan22085 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I read that you can eat them, but dont over do it. It can up the chances of asthma...
    ihartjelli

Answer by ihartjelli at 12:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• No, they say you should only be concerned if you have peanut allergies in your family. Otherwise, it's fine.
    Anonymous

• LOL! I am the oldest of 6 kids...I have 3 kids of my own, and countless neices and nephews. We all ate nuts during our pregnancies and I have been eating peanut butter and serving it to my kids since they could eat solid food. Never had a peanut allergy...ever...in our family. I thought I read somewhere that they think the reason nut allergies are rising is because of all this holding back business? It seems like everywhere I go there is some kid with some allergy or another...weird.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 4:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2008