Does your husband work you like a mule?

One of my good friends, her husband works her to death, and it's never good enough.
I feel so bad for her.

And you can tell a difference when he comes home from work, she gets all quiet. I know she's so unhappy.

He tells her things like "go to bed and get out of my face" and it's 6pm at night. Takes her credit cards and phones away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I would be in prison now for killing that man.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Guess she needs to put on her big girl pants and act like an adult. She nees to tell her husband to act like her husband and not her father.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I have an amazing dh thank goodness. Does she ever complain to you?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Contrary to what somepeople think. This is not exactly a matter of big girl pants. Sometimes you make a stand to someone and it doesn't matter. Sure she could leave, but maybe she doesn't want to, or is terrified of it. Or maybe she has guilt and therefore feels obligated to stay int he position. Either way. There are some controlling issues there, but again, we don't know the intimate details. Maybe she spent too much money and therefore is cut off from the cards...maybe not. I've just learned to stay out of situations like that because you don't know both sides of the story. However, I do feel for your friend. It is terrible to be in a situation like that, and hopefully she can work it out however it needs to be handled.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 3:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• It's not that she complains.
    He tricked her into becoming a stay at home mom and junk. He put her on the bank account and 2 months after she quit, he canceled her atm card, and took her off of the bank acct. I don't know how he did it, but he did.
    All she has is a credit card they share.

She was talking on the phone with me one night and he went on a rant and rave, she just calmly said that she had to go and would call me back later. When she did call back, I heard her husband say he was plugging the phones and taking them away. When I ask her about it, she said he's stressed but she bought a new phone that she hides.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• How does anyone live like this? There are places for women to go when they are in this type of situation. So if she's deciding to stay then she needs to grow some backbone to stand up to him. I'd NEVER be in this type of situation and I hope my two girls have learned not to either.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• She is being abused. Even if he never raises a hand, this is ABUSE.

Violence is usually the next step.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I think this is abuse, I wouldn't stand for it and neither should she.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• This is abuse. It's not okay for him to treat her like that.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2011