How did you know?

you were completely finished having kids and did you get fixed? or your partner so you know you are finished?

2teens2LOs

Asked by 2teens2LOs at 3:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was told that you KNOW when you KNOW. If you have doubts, you're not done. Don't make a permanent decision to a temporary answer.

I followed it and it's worked for me so far.
    MoNKeyBoyz

Answer by MoNKeyBoyz at 3:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• we always thought about 2, then our son came and HE decided he's an only lol ( kidding of course, just strong willed and stubborn) we think every now and again about having another but we are 32 and 39 so I don't know how much longer we can/want to wait.. he was going to get fixed in Dec but I couldn't have it happen..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I have two boys 4 and 2....alot of work I just knew im done because I do not want to go through the newborn stage and sleep deprevation etccc... plus I want to be able to afford giving my children things like music lesson, karate or whatever they choose, and family trips another baby would not let us able to afford and give what i can,,,,another baby would be finacially n emotionally draining
    sissaymay

Answer by sissaymay at 3:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• We passed the time period where we were willing to have another child; life got in the way before we could have a second, along with job loss and then a motorcycle accident. No fixing needed thus far; the motorcycle crash "broke" my husband sufficiently that it's not a concern.

But now? Not even interested in a second child any more.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• When I started getting gray hair lol
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I didn't ever want kids. And we had been told we couldn't have them, so we didn't worry about BC. Then after I had my oldest we cracked down because we knew we didn't want ANY MORE! But because of our age my drs wouldn't fix me. BC failed and we had number 2... They still refused to fix me... And I ended up pregnant for the third time through 2 barriers and "natural planning." I went in on my first pre-natal and said WHO DO I NEED TO TALK TO ABOUT GETTING FIXED??? I simply told them at that point I would find another doctor if they wouldn't do it. They did it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• We used condoms after the Pill made me really unhealthy and uncomfortable.
    Condoms seemed to work really well. We had three kids and that was it. No more.
    Neither of us wanted to "get fixed", just in case, I wanted 4 kids, DH wanted 2....so I guess we compromised in that. LOL. I would have been happy if we had an "accident".
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2011