What is a friend exactly?

I'm surprised some I've considered friends drop friendships so casually, without remorse or ceremony. Ouch!

I wondered if I am too loyal or blind or plain stupid.

What makes a friend a friend? When are they true friends, best of close friends?

Womamhood

Asked by Womamhood at 3:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• That's a good question. Maybe your "friends" definition of friend isn't the same as yours. That's why they treat you as disposable.
    MoNKeyBoyz

Answer by MoNKeyBoyz at 3:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• some people only want to HAVE friends and dont want to BE a friend - and even more sad, dont even realize that they are just that person.
    barrelracer1977

Answer by barrelracer1977 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I have found a true friend is someone who ask nothing from you but an open ear and open heart
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• For me my true friends are the ones who are always there for me. We may see eachother once a year but I know if I'm in a bind, they are always a phone call away. I'm blessed as I have a few of those.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I was dumped by a friend just like that - gave her the best 6 years of my life lol....still to this day do not know why I was dumped. Anyways, I am very picky on who I allow in my life. Stay true to who you are and what kind of friend you are to others!!!
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• A friend is a friend forever. No questions asked, accepts you no matter what, is there for you 24/7. Unfortunately most of the people we think are friends are just aquaintances. If you have 1 true friend thru life then you have everything
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2011