• Omg! Crazy story!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 3:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• As long as the facts of the story are true........I do feel for her.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I don't feel she should be punished for falling asleep!she was not negligent in any way. I don't understand she wasn't on drugs, wasn't drunk..she was asleep! She didn't do anything wrong..its unfortunate.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 3:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i guess they say she should have locked her door and if the child can unlock it to put one on top to make sure the child cant get out.. idk but i feel bad for her
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Something similar happened up here a few years ago in the dead of winter. The boy was found frozen but miraculously was recessitated (I think his body temp was in the 60s, there is no reason that he should be alive today but he is). We lock our doors religiously and have child safety handles installed. My son is getting a bit older and I am considering getting top of the door chain locks bc the idea of something like this happening is too scary to imagine!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 4:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• If she was asleep & not under the influence of anything, I imagine she was terrified enough to wake up to discover her child was missing, let alone be arrested for it. If the police thought she was high or drunk or something they could've tested her, but they should have been able to tell whether or not she was messed up. I'm just glad her child was found & was okay. Putting locks up outside of a child's reach & using them is a very good idea.
    sarenaerin

Answer by sarenaerin at 11:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2011