Has anyone had a successful pregnancy on Lovenox?

I just got back all my lab work I had done to see why I keep having miscarriages. To skip all the technical terms, basically I have a tendancy to form blood clots during pregnancy causing me to miscarry. To get around this I can be on Lovenox injections once daily during pregnancy. It's a blood thinner that causes me not to clot and hopefully lead to a successful pregnancy. SO......has anyone had a successful pregnancy on Lovenox and do you have any advice????

lisab7982

Asked by lisab7982 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Yep my second son i was on it the entire time with no problems what so ever there are no side affects besides your thirsty alot and your tummy gets a little sore from the shots but they are totally safe for you and baby!! This time around im 36 weeks and iv been on heprin most of the time and its been very successful too!! it doesnt really matter if i want to take them or not cause they are saving my life I have DVT deep vein thrombosis and have huge blood clots in each calf of my leg so this is breaking them down and dissoving them so they dont go to my lungs or heart!! So to answer your ? yep i had a very healthy baby and a successful pregnancy on lovenox and would recomend it!! good luck!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Not personally, but as a doula and childbirth educator I can tell you I have had countless clients/students who have used lovenox.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2008