Possibly pregnant after tubes tied?

I joined because I am curious about my mom. She went to the health dept. for her yearly check-up the other day and they told her that her uterus is the size of a three-month pregnant woman. She had her tubes tied during her c-section with my youngest sister 3 years ago. She has also gained 9 pounds since March (3 months) and this is unusual for her. The only thing I don't understand is that she has had her period every month as normal. So the doctors are sending her for an ultra-sound for either a baby or fibroids. She doesn't have any symptoms of fibroids though so I am cofused. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

CuriousGirl607

Asked by CuriousGirl607 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• either is possible.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• which would you think more of?
    CuriousGirl607

Comment by CuriousGirl607 (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yikes! I just had mine tied so the thought of that happening is very scary. Though you almost hope that is it instead of a health problem. Good luck!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yes we are hoping for a baby. My mom is 40 so when she had my youngest sister at the age of 38 she thought it was time to stop with having children, but really she is hoping that this is another one and I am too cause I dont want to see her hurt if its not. She is still having her periods though so that is the only thing throwing me off from saying that its a pregnancy. Any thoughts?
    CuriousGirl607

Comment by CuriousGirl607 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I have watched the shows I didnt know I was pregnant. I know alot of the show seems fake but one lady was in her 50's had her tubes tied for like 15 years and they grew back together and she did get pregnant. Also it is possible for you to have your period when you are pregnant, or so i have heard. Good luck to you and your mom.
    jessicapoker

Answer by jessicapoker at 6:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• well my mom at 42 had me afte having her tubes tied for almost 10 yrs!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 6:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Thanks. I have a feeling that it is the fibroids, but it would be great for it to be a baby. She doesn't want to get too excited incase its not a baby so she has decided not to take a home test and just wait until she goes for her ultra-sound to see which it is. Wish us luck & keep us in your prayers. I hope this will be a miracle for us and make our family extend!
    CuriousGirl607

Comment by CuriousGirl607 (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• She just tried two soups to eat that she normally loves, but they both tasted nasty to her so I don't know if it may be a pregnancy. its just her periods still come every month?
    CuriousGirl607

Comment by CuriousGirl607 (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• as scary as it is, yes you can still become pregnant after a tubal!!! hope everything turns out good.. if she is pregnant, it really shows how much babies are truly a miracle...
    mikailas_mom

Answer by mikailas_mom at 11:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Thankyou so much! Babies are all God's blessings and my parents are absolutely wonderful and the baby couldn't ask for any better parents so I just hope that it is a baby and that everything goes fine. I just have a gut feeling I guess you could say, that its fibroids instead of a baby. If she still didnt continue with her regular periods I would strongly believe its a pregnancy, but I just dont think it is. All we can do is pray though(:
    CuriousGirl607

Comment by CuriousGirl607 (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2011