Baby shower

this is me and hubbys first baby, and we are both super excited, but dh is the one who likes being the center of attention, not me, at all, lol. i dont really want a baby shower - but i do love to have parties, so what do you all think about just having a nice party? This would be not just for girls, because hubby is SO pumped!! i think it would be fun, and people dont have to feel obligated to bring gifts, but they can if they want to. I think a big party would be fun..... what do you all think, and any theme ideas?

barrelracer1977

Asked by barrelracer1977 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Entertainment

• for our first child, we had a huge co ed party at the bay... it was a blast and no stress or all eyes on me for games the usual activities of a shower....
    mikailas_mom

Answer by mikailas_mom at 11:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• picking a color scheme could be the theme, at both of my baby showers, 1st one i had pink and yellow, and pink and lavender the next one and everyone had to dress up in those colors. if you want something different, dont call it a baby shower, call it something different.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• call it a pre-welcoming party for _____ (LO's name)
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• thanks for the ideas, girls :)
    barrelracer1977

Comment by barrelracer1977 (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2011