2 month old

I took my 2 month old son to his well baby check up today and when the doctor shined the light in my sons eyes he followed it the whole time. The doctor said most babies his age don't follow it that well. Also my son tries to stand up all the time and hates sitting for too long. The doctor also said most babies his age don't like standing up so much. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a 2 month old who acted advanced for their age?

fergie92

Asked by fergie92 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was walking before 5 months!!!!
    Anonymous

• I don't really think that babies can be "advanced". I have a 4 week old who can follow things with her eyes, and who likes to "stand". She can also turn from belly to back. But I don't think she's any more advanced than any other baby.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• From belly to back? in 4 weeks? Yeah! She is advanced!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I think there are just things babies prefer to do. My dd loved to sit or have the option to stand and could hold her head up when she was a week old! I think that has to do with the fact she was breech and I kept pushing her head down (thought it was her butt) and her feet so she was building muscles by pushing back. But she didn't talk until 18 mos because that wasn't her area of interest. That is great he is able to follow things well with his eyes! Keep encouraging and watching, they grow so quickly.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Not really. My 6 year old could turn over in one direction (not sure which way, thinking it was belly to back, though) at 3 days. She did it over and over and over again for about a week and then stopped and didn't do it again until she was like 4 months.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2011