My grand daughter is terrified of wind and rain. What should we do?

My grand daughter is almost seven and ha become so scared of a little wnd and rain that is impacting the entire family. When the wind starts blowing and it clouds up all she wants to do is go to the basement with the family. She stays with me allot and when the wind blows she wants all the curtains closed and becomes almost terrified if it starts to rain. I don't have a basement to retreat to so she then is mess to try to deal with it. Can anyone give me suggestions on what to do?

bjlayne54

Asked by bjlayne54 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my dd hated having rain on her head. Screamed when we'd have to go out in the rain, just from the house to the car.
    She did out-grow it.
    I wish I had a solution. Has she ever been in a bad storm? I wonder, what causes her fear. Hmmm..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2011