How can I get my son to eat

My son has developmental delays. He is a very picky eater. He is only 2 years old and is under-weight. He only likes crunchy foods like junk food, chicken fries and tator tots. I have tried everything. Does anybody have any suggestions? He is also very constipated

AshByrd21

Asked by AshByrd21 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Apple juice helps with constipation. Try crunchy veggies or crackers and stop the junk food... it takes a couple days but he will start asking for healthier foods instead if you only give him that option! My dd was stuck on only apple juice all day and after only offering apple juice for one meal a day and otherwise water or milk, she started asking for water.
    Maybe strawberries or watermelon? Carrots, celery, apples, crackers, dry cereal or trail mix, peanuts.... stopping the junk food will help him expand what he wants to eat and will help with making sure he is getting all his nutrients to gain weight. Just suggestions of course! GL!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• talk to your doctor also and get some suggestions from them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2011