Co-Pays at the hospital?

Do you pay a co-pay when you go in for labor? What if you have false labor and they send you home? Or does it all fall under the payment you make for the entire pregnancy?

Stefanie1130

Asked by Stefanie1130 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have no clue. We don' t have any co pays so I really have no clue.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• It all depends on what kind of insurance you have.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The doctor charge and the hospital charge are two very different charges. The one you pay to the doctor DOES NOT cover the hospital stay. But, most insurances only have you pay a flat fee per day in the hospital. Tricare covered the pregnancy and doctor 100% and then I had to pay $13/day for the hospital stay for me and baby.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Have you pre registered at the hospital yet? They should go over all that with you but if its false labor you shouldn't have to pay anything and most hospitals don't even make you pay until after your delivery and after they bill your insurance. You should call your hospital and check. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 4:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I haven't pre-registered b/c it asks for me to have a pediatrician and I haven't gotten one yet. I guess I'll get on that next week b/c I know I should have done that already!
    Stefanie1130

Comment by Stefanie1130 (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• It really varies with insurance companies.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 5:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• For me, it was included in the billing after baby was born. Our hospital doesn't do pre-registration either, just asks for your insurance card when you come in (unless it's on file, which mine always was) and bills you later.
    Anonymous

• including in bill after baby they will send it to u
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 10:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2011