What's the difference between Essential Oil Desk Reference 5th Edition and Legacy?

So I'm looking to get an essential oil desk reference and I found a really good website that's like a sister site to Young Living. The site for the desk references and kits a really cheap. I've never owned a desk reference for Essential Oils. They have the editions 1, 2, 3, 4, and soon 5. They also have the legacy editions, but they don't explain to much about what the differences might be. Do any of you know?

dsadang

Asked by dsadang at 5:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Health

• Good question. I'm a former reference librarian and as I wasn't familiar with either the books or the website, out of curiosity, I decided to look them up. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any independetly published 3rd party reviews. Amazon customers, however, seem to have discussed the books at length.
    http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Oils-Reference-Science-Publishing/dp/0943685494

My suggestion is: if this is for personal use, get the version you can most easily get/afford. If this is for professional use, go ahead and spring for the latest edition. Anyway, those are my two cents. I do think reading the Amazon reviews might help your decision too. Good luck!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Thank you very much. I looked at amazon before to look at prices but I didn't even think to look at the reviews. Amazon is more expensive then the other site I found them on and they are brand new. Thanks again for the help.
    dsadang

Comment by dsadang (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2011