If you really would've had the choice.........

would you still have had children? and be honest!!

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Sometimes I seriously question it! Especially with my son entering his terrible twos and another one about to pop out any minute. I was looking up at an airplane in the sky the other day and remembering all the traveling and adventures I used to have when single, and asking myself if this "tied-down" lifestyle is as fulfilling as that one. I couldn't say it was.

And yet, I never expected it to be easy. And I think even know how hard it would be, that urge to procreate, to bring children into the world, to become a family--I'm sure I wouldn't have resisted it. It's such an ultimate fulfillment to have a child. Raising them is hard, but I can't imagine growing old sterile. I don't care how many adventures I would have, they would become memories, and I don't think they could compare to the joy and pride of watching children turn into little people and then adults and maybe someday give me grandbabies!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 8:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yes. But not with my ex.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• if you asked me the first 2 years, and I had to be honest, I wouldn't have.. I had PPD bonding issues, a colicky baby with so many issues with allergies and intolerance and sleeping.. ugh.. but really honestly, he's 3-1/2 and I feel like he saved me and he's my whole world.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• yes, i would have had a couple more though. i only had two.
    and if at all possible, I would have made my DH have the babies..... lol
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• yes
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 5:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I got pregnant when I was seventeen and, at the time, I would have chosen to wait until later, but she's three now and I couldn't imagine my life without her. I've decided that I had her when I was supposed to.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yes, but at the time or with the guy....that said- wouldn't trade my little man for anything =)
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I did have a choice - we all did. I chose not to abort, even though I thought about it.

Now, if I had the choice to go back and not ever get pregnant in the first place would I still have children? Probably not. I didn't want children. I love my children, but I'm more of a work 80hours a week kind of person than I am the domestic kind.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Omg, in a second! Having my son has been the best thing in my entire life, by far. I feel complete, like this was what I was made to do. I can't imagine life without him now. I wouldn't WANT a life without him.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i feel the same way...i would still have my son, i just wouldn't have married his loser deadbeat dad
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2011