Clothing cleaning question

how do i get the nasty dark sweat stain/smell out of the underarm of my husbands work shirts? i have washed them 3 times today and they still smell like sweat and they are still dark in color and hard..its so nasty.. i hope someone has an answer..im stuck!

swaney06

Asked by swaney06 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Home & Garden

• scrub the arm pit areas with baking soda, and put some into the wash, wash it in hot water
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I have a couple of enzyme sprays that work. One is specific to protein-based odours like sweat and the other is more all-purpose. If it's really that bad, I'd spray with the one first and then add some of the all-purpose one to the load as I wash it.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 6:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Arm &Hammer Laundry Detergent
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Spray n Wash Resolve, spray it on let it set before washing, or you can make a paste with borax powder and spray n wash
    mygirls41

Answer by mygirls41 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• They have covered everything I could think of. Gently scrubbing with one of the above to help break it up a llttle before wash. I can relate, my Hubby has some really tough grease, dirt and sweat. He calls me his laundry Magician. That makes me happy!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 10:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• thanks yall are awesome!
    swaney06

Comment by swaney06 (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Put detergent directly on the stains & wash in hot water
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• peroxide?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Ive heard people say rub meat tenderizer *with a little water* on yellow stained armpits... let it sit awhile then wash. Never tried it personally tho...
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 1:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Try spraying the stains with Sol-U-Mel and let it sit for a few hours than wash with MelaPower and Mela Brite - this should do the trick.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 4, 2011