What kind of punishment you do if the kid is being too bad?

how you discipline your child? what kind of punishment you give and does it work?

rubymommylee

Asked by rubymommylee at 6:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• he goes to his room or get a spanking!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 6:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• If my DD gets too out of hand, usually a pat on the behind does the trick. Its not usually the first thing I do, but when shes making a scene or hurting or biting or.. just going nuts. She knows whats going to happen. Nothing more than a little pat on the pull up.
    Ashleigh_17

Answer by Ashleigh_17 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i do the same thing. usually i make my kids stand in the corner with their nose on the wall, lol
    rubymommylee

Comment by rubymommylee (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Time out or go to his room until he's sorry or he has calmed down. If he acts up in the store we leave. It wasn't always the easiest when I had a cart full of food but I did leave 2 times before he learned that we don't misbehave at the store. All in all it was worth it.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 6:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• used to do the hand slap thing but that turned into him trying to hit back.. we now do time out til he calms down and realises what was wrong & says sorry.. its working great.. i grew up on being spanked so im not against it but only as long as your not actually hurting them..
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• spank him and send him to his room..when he was younger and used to bite i would bite back. now that he is a little older the dont even think about it works sometimes
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 6:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• We used to take away THE most important thing in the world to them. Worked for us......................
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 6:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I give my 3 YO time out and deny her of ice cream (her favorite treat).
    TashaStar81

Answer by TashaStar81 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• We never strike our children. We use redirection. Change of scenery. Grounding. Talking. We have weekly allowance and they get points off if they misbehave which equals less money. In school for my rising 1st grader if she moves "a clip" she will not get something after school, if she is good we stop at Sonic for a half price soda or whatever.

Answer by gemgem at 9:46 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• It depends on the age and what they have done. I usually try and make the punishment fit the crime. I've used everything from spanking to writing assignments. If they argue with each other I used to make them sit on the floor facing each other and say 10 nice things about each other. The only one I didn't spank was my son, because I listened to the experts. Out of 3 grown children, he is the only one who does not respect authority. I now visit him in jail every weekend. At least until August. Someone else is teaching him to respect authority at a much bigger price than a swat on the rear end. Never again will I listen to any expert on anything. Now I have an 8 year old that I don't have problems with. Why? Because good behavior is expected and not rewarded, other than the self-satisfaction of knowing she is doing the right thing.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2011