I decided to take a whack at it and watched an episode of Toddlers and Tiara's...

I don't normally say it like this, but OH EM GEE.
Before I go on my rant, I want to say that these little girls really are beautiful, even more so without the caked on makeup and 10lbs of hairspray.

What disturbs me are their mothers.

What kind of mother puts their daughter up in a pageant, then displays the ultimate portrait of a sore loser when they don't win? What kind of example do they possibly think they are setting? I understand going in with confidence, but just like with sports and any other competitive activity, shouldn't we teach our children to accept something less than first place? As parents, it's only natural that we want our children to win, but isn't it more important that they just enjoy what they're doing? Clearly, these little girls do enjoy it (I think) but something makes me believe they enjoy it for the wrong reasons. What do you think?

DJsMommy610

Asked by DJsMommy610 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i watched part of it then had to change it.. the children are brats bc of the parents.. the parents talk about the kids cry and scream bc they dont want to get in the dresses and deal with it. why put ur kid through that for no reason? if something annoys you and you dont NEED it i doubt you would keep doing it.. i feel bad for the kids.. sometimes they even put fake teeth in.. why the hell teach kids to cover up what they are so in the long run they hate their body their teeth their hair and anything else..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• going crazyi have only one thing to say....FLIPPERS!

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I glanced at it the other night, but switched channels when they showed a mom giving her 4 year old daughter Red Bull to "wake her up" for the competition. I was so disgusted and appalled.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2011